About me

After being diagnosed with a long list of food intolerances 15 years ago, I was challenged to get more creative in the kitchen.

For me, the best recipes are those which are easy to prepare and deliver heaps of flavour; perfect for sharing with friends and family, without having to single anyone out because of a special diet.

My love for cooking and adapting recipes for my own dietary requirements has given me the incentive to share tips with others who also live with restricted diets.

I hope you find a bit of cooking inspiration from my blog. Please feel free to comment and post any questions...

Saturday 28 March 2020

Lazy Vegan burger and dirty, clean potato skins

I have to admit, this meal was a mid week cheat, I didn't have a great deal of time on my hands and so I reached for a few ready made items that I could use to create something new.

Mais, Je ne regrette rien! It was delicious and gave me holiday vibes with the heat.

Spicy tomato and sweet potato burger, crispy potato skins and raw, salsa salad

(GF, V)

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 pack of spicy tomato vegan balls (Aldi)
1/2 red onion, diced
1 tsp paprika
pinch of chilli flakes

6 medium size potatoes
salt and pepper for seasoning
1/2 tbsp paprika
2-3 tbsps cooking oil
Seasoning

3/4 cup broccoli florets
1/2 cup diced cucucumber
2 celery sticks, finely chopped
8 cherry tomatoes, halved
1/3 red pepper diced
3 tbsps mild salsa


  1. Scrub the potatoes under cold running water to prepare and then pat dry. Using a knife, peel the potatoes, leaving a good amount of flesh still on the skin to create your potato skins. 
  2. Preheat the oven to 220 degrees C. Take a large oven tray and grease the base with a little oil. 
  3. Space out your skins on the tray and drizzle over your cooking oil. Sprinkle the paprika evenly and season well. Using a spatula, give the skins a toss in the oil and spices. 
4. Place in the preheated oven for 40 mins until the skins are crispy and browned. 
 5. In a bowl, put the vegan balls, red onion, paprika and chilli flakes. Using a fork, break up the balls and combine the new ingredients evenly to the mix.

6. Shape in to two flattened balls and place on a lightly greased baking tray. Cook in the oven alongside your skins for 20 mins.

7. For the raw, salsa salad, combine the raw, chopped vegetables with the salsa and dish up, ready to be served alongside your burger and skins when cooked.




We had ours with a ramekin of low fat, paprika mayonnaise for dipping, but to keep it vegan, replace with sweet chilli or BBQ sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment