About me

After being diagnosed with a long list of food intolerances 15 years ago, I was challenged to get more creative in the kitchen.

For me, the best recipes are those which are easy to prepare and deliver heaps of flavour; perfect for sharing with friends and family, without having to single anyone out because of a special diet.

My love for cooking and adapting recipes for my own dietary requirements has given me the incentive to share tips with others who also live with restricted diets.

I hope you find a bit of cooking inspiration from my blog. Please feel free to comment and post any questions...

Sunday 19 April 2020

Raw Slaw (GF and low fat)


Serves 6

This is a summer staple in my fridge. It’s gluten and lactose free and is much lower in fat and higher in flavour than standard coleslaw. I use it as a side to many cooked meat dishes and to lift salads. It’s also great for buffets any time of the year, when you have plenty of mouths to feed. It will keep well in the fridge for about 3-5 days. 

Ingredients

1 white cabbage, finely shredded
1 red cabbage, finely shredded
3 medium carrots, grated
1 red onion, finely diced
2.5 tbsp low fat, lactose free, plain greek yoghurt
2 tbsp lighter than light mayonnaise
1.5 tsp wholegrain mustard
seasoning

Method
  1. Place all the prepared vegetables in a large Tupperware box which has a seal tight lid.
  2. In a bowl, mix the wet ingredients together.
  3. Add to the vegetables and mix with a spatula to combine and fully coat all the vegetables.
  4. Season and mix to taste.








No comments:

Post a Comment