About me

After being diagnosed with a long list of food intolerances 15 years ago, I was challenged to get more creative in the kitchen.

For me, the best recipes are those which are easy to prepare and deliver heaps of flavour; perfect for sharing with friends and family, without having to single anyone out because of a special diet.

My love for cooking and adapting recipes for my own dietary requirements has given me the incentive to share tips with others who also live with restricted diets.

I hope you find a bit of cooking inspiration from my blog. Please feel free to comment and post any questions...

Monday 11 May 2020

Vegan Lemon and Honey Posset

I accidentally bought a couple of cartons of silken tofu instead of firm and then struggled to think how I could use them. After a bit of research, it seems that people use this all the time as a dairy alternative for desserts, great for the lactose and dairy free friends or vegans in your life.

I played around with the measurements a little to get the right balance of sweet and tart flavours, but overall was pleasantly surprised by this yummy and low fat pudding!


Serves 6-8 (GF, DF, V)

Ingredients
22oz silken tofu, drained
2/3 cup runny honey
1/2 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
2 tbsp lemon zest

Method

  1. Place all ingredients in to a blender (I used a Nutribullet).
  2. Blend until  all ingredients are combined to a smooth texture.
  3. Taste and add more lemon juice or honey to achieve desired flavour. 
  4. Spoon into ramekins (size of your choice). I lined mine with a few blueberries before pouring on the mixture. 
  5. Refrigerate for 6 hours, or longer if you want a thicker texture. 
  6.  Top with berries and lemon zest before serving. 
                             

No comments:

Post a Comment