About me

After being diagnosed with a long list of food intolerances 15 years ago, I was challenged to get more creative in the kitchen.

For me, the best recipes are those which are easy to prepare and deliver heaps of flavour; perfect for sharing with friends and family, without having to single anyone out because of a special diet.

My love for cooking and adapting recipes for my own dietary requirements has given me the incentive to share tips with others who also live with restricted diets.

I hope you find a bit of cooking inspiration from my blog. Please feel free to comment and post any questions...

Sunday 7 June 2020

Avocado and Chilli spread (V/GF)

I don't like Guacamole. I LOVE avocado, but sadly not in that form. So when it comes to smashed avocado toppings, sides or fillings, I make a variation that doesn't use lime (realised that it was the acidic element I don't enjoy).

For a light lunch, you can spread this on plain or salted rice cakes or dip in to with veggie crudites.

Avocado and Chilli Spread (Serves 2-3)

Ingredients

1 ripe avocado
4 spring onions, finely chopped
1 tbsp lighter than light mayonnaise
1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
1 tsp sriracha sauce

Method

  1. Shell out the flesh of the avocado into a bowl, add in all of the other ingredients and mix through with a fork. That's it!
f



No comments:

Post a Comment